Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the www.sportscorner.qa website (referred here on as the “site”). These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Site, Sports Corner and all its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliate operated internet sites which reference these Terms and Conditions with office located at Al-Qassar Tower, Street 920, West Bay, Doha. Services rendered by the site will be referred to as “services” from here on.
By accessing the Site, you confirm your understanding of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of use, you shall not use this website. The Site reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions of use at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions of use regularly for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions of use constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
1. General Use of Services
1.1 1.1 You agree to comply with any and all of the guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions pertaining to the use of Sports Corner services (from hereon is referred to as ‘services’), as well as any amendments to the aforementioned, issued by us, from time to time. The site reserves the right to revise these guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions at any time and you are deemed to be aware of and bound by any changes to the foregoing upon their publication.
- 1.2 Restricted activities: You agree not to undertake in the following practices:
- (a) Impersonate any person or entity or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- (b) Use the services for any illegal activity.
- (c) Attempt to gain unauthorized access to or otherwise interfere or disrupt other computer systems or networks connected to the site.
- (d) Promote or post through the site and prohibited materials or services.
- (e) Interfere with another person’s use and enjoyment of the site.
- (f) Upload or use, in any way, any software or materials that contains, or which have reason to suspect that contains, viruses, malicious codes or any damaging components which may corrupt, interrupt or impair the website’s operation or another customer’s computer or mobile device.
- (g) Use the website other than conforming to the acceptable policies in this terms and conditions.
2. Availability of website and its services.
Sports Corner, from time to time, and without providing prior notice may upgrade, modify, suspend, remove or discontinue, whether in whole or in part any products or services provided by the site and shall not be liable if any such upgrade, modification, suspension or removal prevents customers from accessing the website and its services.
- 2.1 Right, but not the obligation, to monitor content.
- (a) Monitor, screen or otherwise control any activity, content or material on the site and/or service. We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, investigate any violation of terms and conditions contained herein and may take any action we deem appropriate.
- (b) Prevent or restrict access to any customer to the site, its products and/or services when we deem it fit, or when there are updates and upgrades or any technical circumstances.
- (c) Report any activity it suspects to be in violation of any applicable law, statute or regulation to the appropriate authorities and to co-operate with such authorities; and/or
- (d) Request any information and data from you in connection with your use of the site, products and/or services at any time and to exercise our right under this paragraph if you refuse to divulge such information and/or data or if you provide or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent information and/or data.
- (e) Services includes delivery within Qatar. Under the delivery terms portrayed in this agreement. And in the instance Sports Corner expands its services to another location.
4. Terms and Conditions of Sale:
purchase of any product in the site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Sale.
5. Use of Services.
Please note the following provisions for use of the site’s services.
- 5.1 Restrictions. Use of the services are restricted to authorized customers which are of legal age (18 and older) and have the legal capacity to enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Under age customers can use the services only if they are represented by a parent or legal guardian. Furthermore, the use of services should be guided by the provisions stated in these terms and conditions.
- 5.2 Once you access the services, you agree to use it only for lawful purposes in a lawful manner at all times and agree to conduct any activity in good faith.
- 5.3 Ensure that any information and data you share and appear in the website is accurate and you take sole responsibility for such data and information.
- 5.4 Product description. While the site endeavors to provide an accurate description of all products, we do not warrant that such descriptions are 100% accurate and free of error. Products may be subject to manufacturer changes, slight changes in appearance due to lighting during photoshoot and how it is viewed in computers, tablets and mobile devices.
- 5.5 Prices of products and services. All listing of services and prices are subject to tax, unless stated otherwise. The site reserves the rights to amend the list of prices and services without prior notice. Any errors is prices are not meant to mislead or misrepresent and is just that, an error.
6. Account Creation in Sports Corner.
- 6.2 If your username and password is provided by the site or agent representing the site (as in a customer support). In cases where a customer is not capable or requires that an agent create an account for him/her, which includes a user name and password and filling up personal data which includes full name, address, email, phone number and shipping address, the agent should provide a generic password, with full instructions to the customer to change it as soon as it is given to him/her and keep it confidential. This can be done through the phone or social media, particularly Facebook. Once provided by the agent, the customer will have sole responsibility of keeping the username and password safe and confidential.
- 6.3 You agree to be bound by any access of the site and you agree that we shall be entitled but not obliged to act upon, rely on or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out or transmitted by you. You further agree and acknowledge that you shall be bound by and agree to fully indemnify us against any and all losses attributable to any use of any services and/or access to the site referable to your username and password.
7. Intellectual Property
- 7.1 Ownership. The Intellectual Property in and to the site and the materials are owned, licensed to or controlled by Sports Corner. We reserve the right to enforce its Intellectual Property to the fullest extent of the law.
- 7.2 Restricted Use. No part or parts of the site, or any materials may be reproduced, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, separated, altered, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, mirrored, framed, transferred or transmitted in any manner or by means or stored in an information retrieval system or installed on any servers, system or equipment without our prior written permission or that of the relevant copyright owners. Permission will only be granted to you to download, print or use materials for personal or non-commercial uses, like sharing it on social media platforms, provided that the materials are used as is and not modified and that we or the relevant copyright owners retain all copyright and proprietary notices contained in the materials.
- 7.3 Trademarks. The trademarks are registered and unregistered trademarks of Sports Corner. Nothing on the site and in these terms and conditions shall be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use (including as a meta tag or as a ‘hot’ link to any other website) any trademarks displayed on the services, without our written permission or any other applicable trademark owner.
8. Social media.
From time to time, the site will promote, inform customers or advertise in social media. This includes, but is not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This can be in the form of, but not limited to, texts, images and videos.
- 8.1 Information, Promotions and advertisements. From time to time, Sports Corner will post on its official social media accounts promotions like, but not limited to, sales and discounts, buy one half-price on second item promos. There may also be advertisements promoting certain brands or items or informing the public of their availability.
- 8.2 Contests. Sports Corner, at certain points, may organize contests for their customers. These contest have been legally permitted by specific authorities in Qatar and has passed their stringent standards. The official mechanics or instructions will be published on the site and official social media accounts. If not, links should be provided so customers can clearly view the full scope of the contest proper.
- a. Contest participation entails following the instructions specifically. Sports Corner reserves the right to disqualify or invalidate the entry or participation of a customer if a violation of the instruction or mechanics is found.
- 8.3 Post validity. Validity of posts, whether it is for information, promotional or contest, shall be visibly expressed in post, either in writing or in the image posted itself, or both. I can also be indicated in the link accompanying the post. This is to ensure that customers are made aware of the scope of the promo or contest.
- 8.4 Any old or no longer valid promotions, advertisements, contests or similar posts, still shown in the official social media accounts of Sports Corner will be considered archival, not valid regardless if it can be seen or seen for the first time of a customer. It is considered an archived post, as part of the social media blueprint of the company, and by no means should be misconstrued as a means to misrepresent.
- 8.5 Customer comments and postings. Sports Corner reserves the right to delete, hide or even ban customer comments, if the said comments are malicious, defamatory, pornographic or if it violates the social media platform standards or the Qatar laws, and or considered ethically or morally damaging based on existing laws.
9. Limitations of Liability and Responsibility.
In addition to the provisions stated in the this terms and conditions, Sports Corner will not be liable or responsible for any misunderstanding, error, damage, expense or losses resulting from the incorrect use of the site, products and its services.
- 10.1 Termination by us. In our sole and absolute discretion, we may immediately, upon giving you notice, terminate the use of our site by disabling your username and/or password. We may bar your access in cases where we deem that you have breached the terms and condition stated in this site.
- 10.2 Termination by you. You may terminate your account with us any time you deem fit. You can send an email to inform us of the termination. Otherwise, you can simply choose not to use your account. However, our system will still consider the email address provided in your account as ‘active’ and may be subject to email promotions.
11. Governing Laws.
The use of the site, its products and/or its services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Qatar laws and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Qatar Courts. Any dispute, controversy or claim related to these terms and conditions, breach, termination or invalidity shall be settled through arbitration under Qatar courts.
12. General Terms.
- 12.1 Correction of errors. Any typographical error, clerical or other errors in the site, print and online ads, invoice or any other document on our part shall be subject to correction on our part without any liability. And should not be misconstrued as an open indication of trying to mislead customers.
- 12.2 Currency. Money references in the site and this terms and conditions refer to Qatari Riyals. In the event that the money reference is in another denomination, like in US Dollars, please note that it may reflect the current conversion rate at a specific time. Hence, may be subject to slight change depending on the time you purchase and by no means is it a way to misrepresent customers.
- 12.3 Binding and conclusive. You agree that any communication using the site, social media and official representatives of Sports Corner is considered binding and conclusive. In a case of arbitration, it is considered as conclusive evidence.
- 12.4 Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for non-performance, especially delivery, error or interruption of services, delay, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to an event which is beyond our reasonable control like natural disasters, increment weather conditions, road closures and immobile traffic conditions.
- 12.5 No failure or delay by Sports Corner in exercising any right under these terms and conditions shall be misconstrued as a waiver of such right or extend to or affect any other or subsequent event or impair any rights or remedies in respect of it or in any way modify or diminish the rights under these terms.
- Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. Terms and conditions of sale.
- Unless otherwise defined, the definitions and provisions in respect to interpretation set out in the terms and conditions and terms and condition of sale will apply.
2. Prices of products.
- Prices of products will be shown in the site. Prices can be subject to decreases, as in case of sale season or promotional periods, and increases due to taxes and tariffs. Regardless, any changes will be in compliance with Qatar consumer laws.
3. Purchase of products.
- 3.1 Your compliance. You agree to comply with any and all the guidelines, notices, operating rules, policies and instructions pertaining to the purchase of products in the site. As well as any amendments deemed fit by Sports Corner.
- 3.2 Order. An order is defined as a product or products in the website bought by a customer in the site described and covered by the terms and conditions and terms and conditions of sale.
- (a) An order can be paid through cash on delivery. Sports Corner can offer credit card or debit card payments during anytime it is made available. Customers will be informed through banners visible on the website.
- (b) Orders are made official by the unique Order ID issued to the customer, which can be seen in his or her account, or provided by an official Sports Corner agent, most likely a customer service representative from Sports Corner, in case the order was done on a customer’s behalf.
- (c) Orders can be canceled, returned or modified, the payment refunded, all in accordance to the terms and conditions and terms and conditions from Sports Corner.
- (d) Warranties. Product warranties are stated by brands and the terms and conditions of Sports Corner. A breach of the warranty, which can be referred to as incorrect use of the product, damage, or any misuse invalidates the warranty. Additionally, when the product warranty is evoked, an official receipt must be presented by the customer. Item must also come in its original packaging.
- (e) Sports Corner has the right to cancel the sale of the item or order in case of unavailability, unforeseen damage or any instance that could damage customer satisfaction and the integrity of the company. The customer will be notified via email or phone or private social media messages of any cancelation or changes.
Customers can choose the mode of payment for orders. Sports Corner allows cash on delivery, credit card payments and debit card payments (if made available).
- 4.1 Additional payments. Sports Corner reserves the rights to include additional payments in lieu of additional services, which may include delivery fees and taxes.
- 4.2 Invoice. Customers will be provided by an invoice copy which shows the products they have purchased, the prices, quantity, any additional expenses and the total amount of their order. Issued invoices will be in two parts (1) soft copy, to be received in the registered account of the customer and (2) hardcopy provided when the customer receives the order.
- 4.3 Refund of payment. All refunds will be made via the original payment mechanism used in the original payment. Sports Corner reserves the right to modify the mechanism of processing the refund as it deems fit, with notice to the customer.
- (a) Once item is delivered, the refund process will only start when the customer has returned the items stated in the order.
- (b) Credit card and debit card refunds are subject to the terms and conditions and the time frame provided by the customer and the bank of which the debit or credit card belongs to.
- (c) Cash on Delivery refunds is subject to provision (a) and will be effectively refunded not later than fourteen (14) days.
- (d) Sports Corner’s “Money Back Guarantee” is subject to the stated terms and conditions and terms and conditions of sale.
5. Returns and Replacements.
Any return or replacement must be in accordance to this terms and conditions and Qatar Law.
- 5.1 Returns and replacements are covered by Sports Corner under the following circumstances: the item is fundamentally different in nature as stated in the order, product is damaged or faulty upon delivery, wrong item is delivered, and delivered product has missing parts or accessories indicated in the site.
- 5.2 Returns and replacements can be accessed in the footer of the homepage under “Order and Returns”
- 5.3 Returns and replacements are processed and delivered within fourteen (14) days, starting from the issuance of a return/replacement form/request slip.
- 5.4 In the event that a same item replacement is not possible due to any reasons, the customer will be notified, and if he or she relents, a similar item in terms of price will be issued as a replacement. If a same priced item is not possible, a different priced item can be used with the consent of the customer. Price adjustments will be made based on the payment made by the customer, the invoice will reflect the changes.
- 5.5 Reimbursement of payment for returns and replacements are based on the terms and conditions of sale.
- 5.6 In case an item was bought during sale time, discounted price or with the use of a discount coupon, the same price will be reflected during the return/replacement request despite the lapse of the special price period or the discount coupon.
- 5.7 A return/replacement invoice will be issued to the customer to reflect the transaction.
Sports Corner provides order delivery within Qatar.
- 6.1 Customers are required to include an accurate, which should include building number, zone and street number and other pertinent information, for the delivery or shipping address for their orders. Customers can use their residential address and/or their office address for the purpose of delivery. Sports Corner reserves the right to cancel orders if customers do not, cannot or refuse to provide an address or any information which will lead to a successful delivery.
- 6.2 Delivery time frame. You acknowledge that the delivery of your order will be made between 3 working days, excluding Fridays if the delivery area is within Doha. Sports Corner reserves the right to add additional days in case of unavailability of products, inclement weather, if the delivery address is outside the limits of Doha, and other circumstances included in provision 11.4.
- 6.3 Delivery payment. You agree that a 15 QR fee will be added for orders amounting to less than 150 QR. Orders amounting to 150 QR or more are delivered free. Delivery returns/replacements are subject to provisions of Terms and conditions of sale. The delivery fee can be waived by Sports Corner in instances wherein there are promos, or when it sees that the delivery fee is no longer necessary. This is possible under the sole discretion of Sports Corner.
- 6.4 You agree that customer’s failure to accept the delivery for two (2) times will result in the return of the order to the warehouse. The customer will be given due notice via email, phone call or social media message, each time he or she fails to receive the order. Sports Corner reserves the right to cancel an order when a customer fails to receive the order, or fails to give a definitive answer within the allotted delivery days or any extra days provided by Sports Corner or its representative.
- 6.5 In the event that customer fails to receive the order on the projected date, customer is advised to contact Sports Corner within 24 hours via the Contact Us page, phone or private social media messages.
- 6.6 Failure to pay. If the customer fails to pay the amount during delivery, as in cash on delivery orders, Sports Corner reserves the right to cancel the order and discontinue the delivery.
- 6.7 Out of Qatar. Customers who suddenly go out of Qatar during the specified 3-4 working days delivery time frame are required to inform Sports Corner of their travel period. Orders will be held for three (3) days. If unclaimed within the 3-day period, Sports Corner will officially cancel the order and the item(s) will be made available on the site.
7. Pick Up Orders.
Customers have the option to pick-up their orders from a specified store.
- 7.1 While ordering online, customers will encounter a tab/provision allowing them the option to personally pick-up the order from a specified store.
- 7.2 Customers are required to choose the store, the date and specific time they will pick up the item. Otherwise, the order will not proceed.
- 7.3 Pick-ups are not considered as deliveries.
- 7.4 Customers are solely responsible for pickup orders and should follow the date and time they have provided.
- 7.5 Customers are required to show a printed copy of the receipt or a digital receipt provided by Sports Corner as they pick up the order at the designated store. Sports Corner also reserves the right to ask for proper identification, as in a QID, for verification.
- 7.6 If a customer is unable to pick up the order at the specified date and time, he or she will be informed via phone call, email or social media by a customer service representative. This is to clear up the status of the order, whether it will be canceled or not.
- 7.7 Sports Corner or the customer service representative has the right to cancel or discontinue any order if a customer does not answer. If in case the customer requests that the time of pick-up be extended or moved to a different date. The previous order will be considered as canceled and the customer will need to reorder. Hence, items are subject to availability and will not be considered as “reserved’ due to the nature of the previous order.
- 7.8 In case of the need for replacements or returns, the customer can immediately inform the store manager or specific person in charge of the orders. Similar to deliver orders, returns, replacements and refunds are subject to the terms and conditions.